Wednesday, June 13, 2012

What Does it Take to Win at the Dog Track


Greyhound Dog Racing Tips.

Are you a lucky person? Do things just fall into place for you? Can you just sense which numbers are lucky and which aren't? Well, if that's the case, you won't need to keep reading. But if you're not lucky at the dog track, I might be able to tell you what you can do about it.

Depending on luck, for most people, is a losing proposition. Believe me, the people cashing tickets at the IRS window didn't pick those dogs with luck. They're not playing "lucky numbers" either. They learned how to do what they do and you can learn to do it too.

Don't fool yourself, though. It will take time, effort and some money to become one of the high rollers. But it's where you spend your money - on gaining knowledge rather than losing bets - that makes the difference between throwing tickets away or cashing them.

How much do you lose at the dog track in a week? If it's more than you win, you need to do something to stop the downward spiral that you're in. Just doing the same thing over and over is no way to get better at anything.

First you have to figure out what you're doing wrong, fix it, and then do it the right way. But how do you find the right way to win at the dog track? Well, for most of us, it took an investment in learning materials.

For instance, I've probably spent thousands of hours, just going over programs with handicapping systems. From each one, I've learned bits and pieces of how to pick dogs that are more likely to come in than not. It didn't happen overnight, but all of this studying made me a much better handicapper.

My only regret is that I took so long denying that I needed help with handicapping instruction. I wish I'd gathered all the information I could find and combined it to make the whole process faster.

Greyhound Dog Racing.