Sunday, June 10, 2012

This List Can Help You Make Money at the Dog Track


Greyhound Dog Racing Tips.

Greyhound handicapping involves remembering a lot of data. Most people's programs are covered with cryptic notes and markings by the end of a racing day. This is a good thing, but only if they take the program home and go over it again, so that they can make sense of what happened.

This can help them see where they went wrong and why. Of course, it also helps them see where they went right and why, so they can duplicate those results the next time a similar situation arises in a race. If you're not doing this, you might want to start with your next program. It really helps.

Another thing that really helps is if you keep a list of dogs to watch. I've been doing this ever since an old-timer clued me into how much it helped him. I knew he cashed plenty of tickets, so I figured his advice was worth something.

I started with puppies, because I love watching puppy races. My list started with a great dog who ran at Lincoln Park, which is now Twin River. His name was EP's Yar Yar and I knew the first time I saw him run that he was worth watching.

He was the first dog on my list and I cashed a lot of tickets on him. Other dogs followed, some great, some good and some who only won when there was a special circumstance. Like the dog who ran very wide, so people bet her when she was in outside boxes.

I happened to know that she only ran well when she was in inside boxes, because she'd break out of the box and veer sharply to the outside. Since she was able to outbreak just about all the dogs at the track, she almost always won. But only when she was in an inside box.

After a while, my list became unnecessary when I went to Twin River, because I knew all the dogs on it. But then simulcasting came in and keeping a list was even more important. With so many tracks to play, there was no way I could remember which dogs I wanted to watch at each track.

Now, I focus on three or four tracks and I don't go as often, so my list isn't as long as it used to be. However, it still makes me money almost every time I go to the track. And it makes it easier to find dogs I'm watching when I go over my program at home. That way I know if I want to go or not.

If you want to make more money and stay ahead of the other bettors, start your own list. Look for dogs who almost won or have something else going for them that makes you think that they're going to be better than they look right now.

You might want to start with puppies, because they're just starting out and many times you can get a good price on betting them. It won't hurt to try this approach and it might just pay off better than you'd think.

Greyhound Dog Racing.