Saturday, June 2, 2012

One Quick Way to Get Better at Greyhound Handicapping


Greyhound Dog Racing Tips.

I'm a very patient person. When I started to learn the basics of greyhound handicapping many years ago, I took a long time. I spent hours and hours, poring over programs, leaning on the fence watching races I didn't bet on and talking to insiders. It was well worth it, because I slowly worked my way up to being able to make money consistently from what I learned.

But not everyone has the time, the money or the patience to do it that way. Some people - and you may be one of them - just want to bust right into making money by picking winners. I can understand that and although I think slower is better, I have a way for you to do just that.

Instead of starting from scratch with no handicapping knowledge whatsoever, start with the framework of a good system and build on it. That way, you don't have to reinvent handicapping every time you go to the track. Of course, you still have to use your own judgment and manage your money responsibly, but the grunt work is done for you.

The type of system will depend on your preference in bets. If you like to bet trifectas, for instance, don't get a system that picks winners and doesn't tell you who to put with them. Get a method that helps you find contenders that you can box, key or wheel.

If you like to bet quinielas, which is a good bet - not too conservative and not too risky for most people - find a system that concentrates on handicapping more than one dog or one that picks spot plays that you can put together in quiniela boxes.

In dog racing, more than in other sports, it's important to match the betting method with the type of person you are. If you're a patient, nose-to-the-grindstone type who likes to take your time and learn slowly, then by all means, go it alone.

If, however, you don't have years to hone your handicapping skills, find a method that cuts out a lot of the learning curve so you can jump right in and start cashing tickets today.

Greyhound Dog Racing.