Saturday, June 9, 2012

The Most Important Step You Can Take to Win at the Dog Track


Greyhound Dog Racing Tips.

There's an old saying: You can't reach your goal if you don't know what the target is. That's true about everything we try to accomplish in life, including greyhound handicapping.

You can go over your programs until the track closes down, looking for good plays, but if you don't know a good play when you see one, what's the point? You can be really good at handicapping, but if you don't know how to bet, you'll still lose money.

If you look around any dog track, you'll see a bunch of losers. People who go to the track several times a week and always go home with less money than they came with. So, why go to the track at all?

The answer is that there are also people who go to the track, quietly place their bets and cash their tickets and go home with more money than they went there with. These are the people you want to copy. These are the people who have a plan and are putting it into action.

Many of these people started out just like the losers, but something happened to "wake them up". They realized that what they were doing wasn't working and they figured out how to change it. The most important thing that ALL of them did was make a plan.

They all started with a target - a goal that they aimed for that was a step closer to becoming a winner instead of a loser. They worked on reaching this target and they didn't let anything or anyone stand in their way. I know because I'm one of them.

I started out way back in the 70's going to the dog track a couple of times a week and losing my shirt. I did this for almost a year and then realized that it wasn't any fun. I found a mentor who taught me the basics of handicapping and I built on that until I found some angles of my own that started me on the path to winning more than I lose.

My first goal was to break even. Laugh if you want to, but I was really excited when I reached that goal. My next goal was to figure out how to handicap well enough so that I could make at least $20 on a program. A modest goal, but I felt like a millionaire when I reached it.

Now, I still have losing days, but it doesn't get to me. I know that - with what I've learned over the last thirty some-odd years - I can go back to the track and win back what I've lost and more besides. I know how to set a goal and reach it.

If you want to be successful at the dog track, you need to find the target that you want to reach. I suggest that you consider using one of my systems as a tool to get you to your target.

Greyhound Dog Racing.