Wednesday, June 13, 2012

What is the Best Greyhound Handicapping System For Me


Greyhound Dog Racing Tips.

My friend, Willie and I have been going to the track together for over thirty years. He's a horse player, but I don't hold that against him. Heck, I don't even complain about his stinky cigars, although I'm glad most tracks are non-smoking now. Willie used to be able to clear out the grandstand when he lit up one of those stink bombs.

But, Willie is a good handicapper - dogs or horses. He and I have kind of a competition going to see who can pick the most winners. We've kind of lost track, but we think we're pretty much even. This is interesting, because we each use a completely different system of handicapping.

Now, wouldn't you think that one or the other of our systems would be better than the other one? They're both different. I use graded handicapping and a sifter method. Willie won't tell me exactly what his method is, but I can tell you that it involves a lot of muttering and swearing and 3 different colored markers that are constantly falling out of his pocket.

The guy can pick dogs though. So, obviously his method works. But, then again, so do my methods. Now, how can that be? How can two different greyhound handicapping systems pick winners, quienelas and trifectas at the same track, the same program and the same race?

I guess it's because, as I've often said, there's no one right way to handicap. Willie and I take different paths, but we get to the same destination - picking winners. You may use one system and your friend may use another system, but you can both still pick winners.

It's the way that each system uses the factors that are most important in figuring out which dogs are contenders in a race. The best systems all do that, but they do it in different ways. The best of the best are flexible and can actually be customized to fit your style of handicapping.

Greyhound Dog Racing.