Monday, June 11, 2012

To Make Money at the Dog Track Watch This TV Channel Before You Go


Greyhound Dog Racing Tips.

Have you ever handicapped a program that was especially easy to figure out? You look at the races and they just make sense. You handicap them, go to the track and make your bets - and hit nothing! Whether it's a simulcast or live racing, there's nothing worse than being really confident and then finding out that your picks were totally off.

Sometimes this happens because you're having an off day. Sometimes it's because the dogs you pick look better than they are. But sometimes it's because you didn't watch TV before you left the house. For instance, I had a day last week when I played Derby Lane - a track I usually do very well at. I hit two small quinielas out of the 6 I played and lost money.

My handicapping was good. The races were good. The dogs were the best in the country. The weather, however, was the worst that Florida has had in months, possibly years. Several inches of rain poured down onto the track and turned it into a Mud Run.

The dogs floundered through the slop, with random results. The next day, I knew enough to watch The Weather Channel before I handicapped any Florida program and I'm glad I did. Some tracks actually canceled their programs that day, because it was pouring buckets again.

If you play simulcast tracks, you really need to make sure that the weather isn't up to something that can affect racing. The weather can have a big effect on the outcome of the races. It's right up there with picking a good greyhound handicapping system.

Greyhound Dog Racing.