Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Make Money at the Dog Track by Being Picky


Greyhound Dog Racing Tips.

I'm pretty easy-going. I'll eat just about anything that's put in front of me. I don't really care that much about what I wear, as my family and friends will tell you. I'm just not that picky - except when it comes to the races I play.

When I started out, I played every race on the program. Then as time went by, I realized that I wasn't hitting a lot of them. I analyzed which ones I hit and which ones I missed and found out something surprising. The ones I hit the most are at both ends of the grade scale: M races and A races.

I have some ideas on why that's so. I really like to watch young dogs run, so I tend to pay more attention to the M races. I find it easier to remember M dogs' names than I do the other grades from C to B. I look them up in the Greyhound Data Base and find out who their litter mates are so I can play them if it looks like they'll be good too.

With A dogs, it's a different story. While the M dogs are just starting out, the A dogs have already shown me what they can do. There aren't that many at each track, so it's easier to keep track of them. They're more consistent than the dogs in the middle grades. They run smarter and they're more likely to avoid trouble, so the races are "cleaner". There isn't all the bumping and shuffling that happens more often in the lower grade races.

Of course, that's just my reasons for handicapping the grades I do. You probably have your own likes and dislikes when it comes to races. You may find that you do better at routes than sprints or are particularly good at picking winners in D races.

Whatever your strengths, use them to make money. Don't try to handicap all the races to "give yourself a better chance of winning", because that doesn't work. Play to your strong points and stick with the races where you've shown a profit.

The best way to find out what grade or type of race you do best in, is to just track those races for awhile and see how you do. If you make a profit consistently, stick with what works. Sometimes, being picky is a good thing, especially if it makes you more money.

Greyhound Dog Racing.