Saturday, May 26, 2012

How to Win at Dog Tracks by Doing Things Wrong


Greyhound Dog Racing Tips.

Have you ever had this kind of day at the dog track? You pick some dogs and bet on all of them. All but one loses. One wins. You go home with more money than you came with. I've had it happen to me.

One day at a Florida track, I made 4 quiniela box bets for $12 each. In every one of them, only one of my dogs was first or second, so I didn't cash a ticket. I had one bet left, but I almost went home instead of betting it.

Luckily, I stayed and bet one more quiniela box. The two longest shots in my quiniela box came in first and second and I cashed a ticket for $102. Then I went home. So, I bet $48 and got $102 for a profit of $54. It's not a fortune, but it's better than a loss of $48.

So, that day, I did four things wrong and one thing right and still left the track with more money than I came in with. That's not the only time that's happened to me either. There were other times when I cashed a ticket on the first bet I made and then lost the rest of my bets and still came out ahead, because the first ticket had paid big.

This shows how important it is to stick to your system. If you handicap selectively like I do, you should know before the first race goes off which races you're going to bet, what kind of bets you're going to make and how much money you're going to spend.

Then, you have to stick to your plan, even if you lose. If you go back and forth between betting your picks and not betting them, you'll almost always lose. You have to be consistent and persistent. That's what pays off at the dog track.

At the end of the day, it's not whether you won every race that matters. What matters is that you hit enough winners to offset your losing bets. If you give up too soon, because you're losing, you'll miss the bets that would have paid for those losses and made money for you too.

Greyhound Dog Racing.