Friday, April 6, 2012

Dog Racing Tips - Are Double Quinielas Good Bets


Greyhound Dog Racing Tips.

Some tracks have double quinielas where you pick the quiniela of one race and then the quiniela of the next race to win. It usually costs $4 - twice the cost of a regular quiniela bet. Of course, they pay more than single quinielas, but that doesn't mean that they're always a good bet.

My rule of thumb for double quinielas is that I only play them if I can come up with a good, solid two dog quiniela for each of the two races that make up the double quiniela. If I can't, I don't play it. This means that if I have three-dog box bets for each race, I still pass on the double quiniela.

The reason for this is that it would just cost too much to play all those combinations for the DQ. Which leads to another qualification that I have for playing double quinielas. I only play them when I'm ahead to the point where playing the DQ isn't going to have an effect on my net profit for that program.

If I'm just a little ahead, I don't play the DQ. If I'm behind, I don't even consider it. For me, it's a side bet and I rarely play side bets. The only time I do is when I'm way ahead and can afford the loss without going into my bankroll for that program.

So, my advice when it comes to double quinielas is to play them if you're ahead and have a very well-handicapped quiniela pick for each race of the DQ. Treat them like any other exotic bet and don't let the lure of big money outweigh the risk of losing more than you can afford to lose.

Greyhound Dog Racing.