Sunday, April 29, 2012

Greyhound Handicapping - Systems Are Getting Smarter


Greyhound Dog Racing Tips.

The first system I ever used at a dog track was written on cheap paper in pencil. I got it from a guy who wrote it down while another guy told it to him between races. They both used it to make money and so did I, but they never sold it. They just gave it away to their friends.

I don't even remember exactly what it was. I think it had something to do with first to turn times. I do know that it worked if you used handicapping with it. I made money with it and so did their friends. Some of the best handicapping methods are the ones someone shows you between races.

Some of the other handicapping methods that I've developed over the years are more complicated and took much more time and effort to put together. The one that has made me the most profit took almost twenty years of tweaking and rewriting, but it was worth it.

Many of the older systems were spot play systems. Making a profit depended on finding a special situation in a race. They work, if you can find enough of those situations. At some tracks, especially, you can really make a profit from spot play systems.

However, over the years, I've come to favor methods that call for some handicapping on the part of the user. I like systems that rank the dogs by order of their chances of coming in. It makes it much easier to visualize whether a dog has enough going for him to be a contender in a certain race.

Being able to grade the dogs by several factors is a big help when you're going over a race. The newer handicapping methods give you an edge by doing a lot of the handicapping work for you, so that you can start farther ahead than the other handicappers at the track.

Greyhound Dog Racing.