Thursday, April 26, 2012

Greyhound Handicapping - Keep Your Eye on This To Make More Money


Greyhound Dog Racing Tips.

Do you know what your Return On Income is on each of the different bets you make? Well, if you haven't been keeping track of this, I'd recommend it. I didn't for years and I know that it cost me money. For about twenty years, I would have told you that I was better at picking winners than anything else, but I was wrong.

I found out how wrong when I started keeping track of the ROI for Win, Quiniela and Trifecta bets that I made at one track, because I was working on a system and I needed to know how well it worked on each type of bet. Boy, was that an eye-opener! I found out that I was actually LOSING money on Win bets, but making a decent profit on Quiniela bets.

This certainly changed the way I bet and also the way I handicapped. I stopped looking for the dog that had the best chance of winning and started looking for 3 dogs to play in Quiniela boxes. And when I checked my ROI, two weeks later, it was way up. I still played the occasional Win bet, but Quinielas were my first choice and they really paid off.

When I started going to the horse track with my friend, Willie, I started from Day One keeping track of my ROI on each type of bet. After a couple of weeks, I was amazed to find that I did better on Win bets than anything else. Why it should be different for me at the horse track from the way it is at the dog track is beyond me, but the numbers don't lie.

If you haven't checked your ROI lately, you might want to do that. As I write this, it's the start of a new year, so it's a good time to begin something that can help you have a winning year.

Greyhound Dog Racing.