Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Do You Believe This Crazy System Can Pick Winners at the Dog Track


Greyhound Dog Racing Tips.

People who know me know that I don't believe in automatic handicapping systems. I believe strongly that you need to put some time and effort into handicapping the dogs if you want to win. Some of my friends, however, disagree and are always coming up with wacky methods that they say are better than handicapping.

Up until now, none of their systems has impressed me. I stick with graded greyhound handicapping and not with the latest fad system to come down the pike. But they keep bugging me to try this one, so I figured I'd throw it out to anyone who wants to give it a try at their track.

It's so simple, I can't believe that it could pick anything. The only thing is, it only works at tracks where they give you each dog's lifetime "best time". You need that to do it. It's so easy, your four year old could do it.

Just circle the lifetime best time of each dog. Next, add up the times of each dog's last three races and divide by three. Subtract that time from the dog's lifetime best time. Last, circle the three dogs whose numbers are the lowest.

In other words, the dogs whose times are closest to their lifetime best times are the top three dogs. You can bet the top one to win or bet all three in a quiniela box or trifecta box. I have no idea whether this works at all and suspect that it doesn't. In other words, don't blame me if it doesn't work and, of course, try it on paper first.

Let me know how you do, so that I can tell my friends. If, as I suspect, this system is as unsuccessful as all the other systems they've run by me, I'll be able to let them know and they can go back to using common sense and graded greyhound handicapping.

Greyhound Dog Racing.