Friday, March 23, 2012

#1 Reason Why Handicapping Greyhounds The Old Way Doesnt Work


Greyhound Dog Racing Tips.

Change is hard, especially for greyhound handicappers. We get into a rut, take things for granted and stop looking for new approaches. After all, if the old ways work, why change?

I used to think like that until I realized that I was just blindly accepting what everyone kept telling me: There's nothing new in greyhound handicapping. I figured that as long as I won more than I lost, I was doing great.

Then, one day, while talking to another parent at our sons' basketball game, I realized something that knocked me for a loop and changed the way I handicap forever. I had been handicapping all wrong for years and so has everyone else I've ever read about.

We were talking about the odds of his kid's team beating my kid's team when it hit me. I was handicapping the basketball game, not for real money, but just for fun. Yet I was doing it in a totally different way from the way I handicap dog races.

True, kids aren't greyhounds. But there was another, much more important reason that I was handicapping that game differently. I can't even tell you who won that day, because I was so anxious to get home and apply what I'd learned to greyhound handicapping.

That was three years ago and I refined and tweaked that system until it worked better than anything I'd ever used to win at the dog track. I spent another year writing it down and now I use it every time I go to the track.

So, obviously, change is a good thing if it leads to a better way of doing things. At the greyhound track, and in life, we all need to stay open to new ideas and not just stick with what we're used to just because it's all we know.

Don't be afraid to try something new - a new system of doing things and looking at things. Life is just a series of systems and we need to update our systems every once in awhile. Just like computers, we need a new version of our "software" from time to time.

Greyhound Dog Racing.